As a member of a two-man design team, in 2012 Mike Rankin co-developed the Global Partner Enablement Program for CA Technologies, one of the largest independent software corporations in the world. The mission of the Partner Enablement Program was to assist CA’s worldwide partner organizations in building the role-based capabilities of their employees that were critical for success in the marketplace with CA software products.
On this project, Mike was responsible for:
• Design and development of the CA Partner Learning Plan program, which provided Partner resources with comprehensive enablement curricula leading to the development of functional role-based capabilities.
• Design and development of the CA Partner Certification program, which recognizes the role-based capabilities of individual Partner resources.
• Design and development of the ‘My Enablement’ area of the CA Partner Experience Platform, which provided Partner users with easy online access to training assets and collateral.
• Development of business requirements for a personalized enablement dashboard system that provided Partner resources with online, on-demand access to their role-based curricula and certification completion status.
• Production of video training modules to communicate and instruct internal and external stakeholders on the critical elements of the global enablement program.
• Production of detailed KPI reports on Partner enablement and certification status, which provided strategic data analysis to Senior Management.
The CA Global Partner Enablement Program resulted in thousands of individual employees at Partner companies learning, building, and certifying their skills; and significantly increasing revenues for the corporation and its Partner organizations year over year. In 2018, CA Technologies was acquired by the Broadcom Corporation, and the Global Partner Enablement Program continues to be an important aspect of the company’s channel strategy.